Welcome to Expel. We’re excited to be working with you! We’ve put a lot of effort into making it as easy as possible to get going. There are 3 basic steps and this article walks you through each of them.
- Step 1 — Get your account set up in Expel Workbench™.
- Step 2 — Complete configuration steps on your technologies.
- Step 3 — Connect your technologies to Expel in Expel Workbench.
Three steps. That’s it and you’re ready to go! We’re always looking to make things easier, so if you see anything along the way that would make this process smoother, don’t be shy—let us know!
Step 1: Set up your Expel Workbench account
The Expel Workbench is what you use to see everything Expel is doing for you. Here’s how you get your account set up:
- Check your inbox. You received a Welcome to Expel email. It includes a link to activate your Expel Workbench account. If you haven’t received the email (or just can’t find it) don’t worry. Just let us know and we’ll shoot another one over to you right away.
- Click the activation button in your welcome email and follow the directions to configure your password and two-factor authentication using the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone.
Pro tip: Bookmark https://workbench.expel.io so you have quick access to the Expel Workbench in the future.
Step 2: Configure your technologies
- In this knowledge base, search for and find the Getting Started Guide for your technology.
- Complete the steps in the articles.
Note: Some on-prem technologies require the deployment of an Expel Assembler. For information on the Expel Assembler, search this knowledge base for the assembler you're interested in.
Step 3: Register your security devices
Follow this procedure on https://workbench.expel.io for each security device to connect to Expel:
- Click Settings in the top navigation bar.
- Click Security Devices in the left panel.
- Click the Add Security Device button.
- Select the type of security device you want to connect.
- Type a Name and Location that is meaningful to both you and to Expel.
- Type additional information specific to the security device type.
- Click Finish.