Note: This process must be completed by one of the organization’s Microsoft 365 administrators with the proper permissions.
Step 1: Request manifest.xml file with license key
Contact your Engagement Manager for your manifest file populated with the customer’s license key.
Step 2: Deploy Add-in using 365 Admin Center
- Navigate to the Microsoft 365 admin center: https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal
- On the left navigation bar near the bottom, expand Settings and click Integrated Apps.
- In the header, click Add-Ins.
- In the tab that appears, click Deploy Add-in.
- Click Next and then click Upload custom apps.
- Select I have the manifest file (.xml) on this device and click Choose File. Find the manifest file. Select the file and click Upload.
- In the next screen, decide who to deploy this button to in the first section. In the next section, select Fixed (Default). After you’re satisfied with the selections, click Deploy.
- The deployment can take up to a few minutes.
Note: after it is complete you see the the screen below with a success message.
After completed you see the Expel for Phishing add-in in the list of installed add-ins. Microsoft notes that it can take up to 12 hours for the add-in to propagate to all users but if you've successfully reached this point, the installation is complete.