This article provides onboarding steps for DEVO.
Step 1: Enable console access
This procedure creates a user account for Expel that keeps Expel’s activity separate from other activity on the DEVO console.
- Navigate to Administration > Users > and click ADD USER at the upper right of the page.
- For E-mail type: soc+<your_organization_name>@expel.io.
- For Username type firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Role select Administrator.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Enable API Access for Expel
This procedure creates an authentication token that allows access to the DEVO API.
Generate an API Key
- Navigate to Administration > Credentials and click CREATE NEW API KEY at the upper right of the page.
- Make note of the newly generated API Key and API Secret.
Step 3: Configure DEVO in Workbench
- In a new browser tab, login to https://workbench.expel.io.
- On the console page, navigate to Settings and click Security Devices.
- At the top right of the page, click Add Security Device.
- Search for and select DEVO.
- Type a Name for the DEVO device.
- For Location type the geographic location of the appliance.
- For Server Address type your DEVO Web URL address (for example, https://apiv2-us.devo.com/).
- Type the API Key and API Secret generated in step 2.
- Click Save.
After a few minutes, refresh the Security Devices page and you see your device status reporting as Healthy, or if there is an issue, you see details of what the issue may be.
To check if alerts are coming through, navigate to Alerts on the console page. Click the icon in the upper right to switch to grid view, then check the list for device alerts.