This article describes how to deploy the Assembler on VMware. For more information on the general Assembler provisioning process, see How to provision Expel Assembler.
Deploy the Assembler virtual machine in your network
Import the file you downloaded from the Expel Workbench into your VMware environment using your VMware admin tools. The following instructions assume you are using the VMware ESXi web interface, but you’re free to use another tool.
- Right-click the file you downloaded from Workbench and click Extract All.
- Open VMware.
- Select Virtual Machines in the Navigator panel on the left.
- Click the Create / Register VM button.
- Click Deploy a Virtual Machine from an OVF or OVA file, then click Next.
- Give the virtual machine a name, select the file you downloaded, then click Next.
- Select the datastore to use for the virtual machine, then click Next. VMware extracts the OVA file, which may take a few minutes.
- Select your preferred network method and provisioning. Use the defaults unless you have a reason to change them. Click Next.
- Review the settings, then click Finish. The OVA file uploads to the ESXi server, which can take a few minutes.
- Select the newly imported virtual machine for the Assembler.
- Click Console to open the console of the Assembler.
Go back to How to provision Expel Assembler and continue with Activate the Assembler through the virtual machine console.