This article describes how to deploy the Assembler on Hyper-V. After you complete the steps outlined here, refer back to the Getting started with Expel article for further instructions.
Note: Your actual procedure may be slightly different based on your version of Microsoft Windows.
Deploy the Assembler virtual machine in your network
- Right-click the downloaded file to open the context menu and click Extract All.
- Run the Hyper-V Manager from the Start menu.
- From the Action menu, click Import Virtual Machine.
- In the Locate Folder step, select the expel-assembler folder that you extracted.
- Select the expel-assembler virtual machine.
- On the Choose Import Type step, select Copy the virtual machine.
- Select a destination. Accept the defaults if you don’t know where to put it.
- Select storage folders. Accept the defaults if you’re not sure what to do.
- Click Finish.
- In the Hyper-V Manager, select the expel-assembler virtual machine.
- Click Start to power on the virtual machine.
- Click Connect to access the console of the virtual machine.