This integration guide helps you connect an Expel Slack channel to your Microsoft Teams instance.
Step 1: Adjust Teams permissions
- Open your Teams instance and go to Settings > Third-party apps. Note: You need Admin privileges in Teams to perform this task.
- If required, adjust your permissions policies to Allow specific apps and block all others. Note: Changes to the policy can take 12to 48 hours to take effect.
- Add Mio and the Ruxie app to the allow list.
- Navigate to Manage Apps in the admin center and allow the following Apps:
Step 2: Add Ruxie
- In the bottom right corner of your Teams instance, select the Manage apps Icon:
- Search for Ruxie and add it to the specific team you're connecting to Slack.
Step 3: Connect Teams/Slack
- Your Expel team will send you a link. Make sure that an Admin is available to click the link and follow the prompts.
- Click the link, then select to join channel from Microsoft Teams.
- Click Accept & Install.
- Sign in using your Microsoft account, read over the permissions, and click Accept.
- Select Add to a team from the Add menu.
- Search and select the specific team that you'd like to connect, then click Set up.
- A card from Mio appears on the left menu.
- Click the Mio card and then select the team that hosts the specific channel you want to connect to Slack.
- Click Submit.
- Select the Channel you want to connect to Slack.
- Click Finish and join the channel.
Step 4: Configure Teams in Workbench
Save the Channel Link from your Teams channel
- In your Teams instance, from General select Get link to channel.
- Click Copy.
Register in Expel Workbench
- In a new browser tab, log into https://workbench.expel.io.
- On the console page, navigate to Settings > My Organization and click Integrations.
- Under the Teams section, click Configure this integration.
- Paste the channel link from your Teams channel in the Channel ID field.
- For Service URL leave the URL that is listed.
- Click Add.
Note: If you have any issues, concerns, questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to contact Expel at email@example.com.