Having read-only access to the interface of your technology allows Expel to dig deeper when performing incident investigations. Our device health team uses this access to investigate potential health issues with your tech.
Step 1: Create a service account and API credentials
You must have the System Administrator role on Datadog to add a service account. Note: Think about the data you will enter carefully, because after you create a service account, you cannot make changes. You’ll have to delete it and start over.
Step 2: Configure the technology in Workbench
Now that we have all the correct access configured and noted the credentials, we can integrate Datadog with Expel Workbench.
Register device in Expel Workbench
- In a new browser tab, go to https://workbench.expel.io/settings/security-devices?setupIntegration=datadog.
- Complete these fields using the credentials and information you collected in Step 1:
- Name: the hostname of the device.
- Location: the geographic location of the appliance.
- API key: the API key generated in Step 1.5.
- Application key: the Application key generated in Step 1.12.
After a few minutes, refresh the Security Devices page and you see your device status reporting as Healthy, or if there is an issue, you see details of what the issue may be.
To check if alerts are coming through, navigate to Alerts on the console page. Click the icon in the upper right to switch to grid view, then check the list for device alerts.