Having read-only access to the interface of your technology allows Expel to dig deeper when performing incident investigations. Our device health team uses this access to investigate potential health issues with your tech.
Step 1: Enable console access
- Login to Guardicore Centra and navigate to Administration > User Management > Users and then click + Add User.
- Fill in the fields as follows:
- For Username type Expel.
- Leave the Email Address field blank.
- The Description field is optional. You can leave it blank if you want.
- For Permission Scheme select Administrator.
- Create a Temporary Password.
- Do NOT select "Enable 2-Step Verification."
- Do NOT select "Enable user to view passwords used in security incidents."
- Click Save.
- Login to Guardicore Centra using the user credentials you just created and set a new Password. Make a note of the new password for later use.
Step 2: Connect your technology with Workbench
- In a new browser tab, login to https://workbench.expel.io/settings/security-devices?setupIntegration=guardicore.
- Fill in these fields:
- Click Save.
After a few minutes, refresh the Security Devices page and you see your device status reporting as Healthy, or if there is an issue, you see details of what the issue may be.
To check if alerts are coming through, navigate to Alerts on the console page. Click the icon in the upper right to switch to grid view, then check the list for device alerts.