This article describes how to connect your Avi Vantage installation to the Expel Workbench™.
Before you begin
- A user account having write access to the Accounts section of Avi Vantage. Note: This is defined by the role assigned to the user account.
Note: Our guide was accurate at the time of writing, but changes happen. If you find the instructions are outdated, leave a description in the comment field below and let us know!
Step 1: Create user account
In the Avi Controller, navigate to Administration > Accounts > Users and click Create.
Type or select the following information, making note of the information for use in the next step:
Name: full name of the user. Example: Expel.
Username – name for signing into Avi Vantage. Example: Expel_user.
- Password – either type a case-sensitive password in this field or click Generate to create a random password.
Role – select Application-Operator or WAF-Admin.
Step 2: Configure the technology in Workbench
- Log into https://workbench.expel.io.
- Navigate to Settings > Security Devices.
- At the top right of the page, select Add Security Device.
- Search for and select Avi Vantage.
- Type the following information:
- Name: the Name created in Step 1.
- Location: the physical location of the device.
- Username: the Username created in Step 1.
- Password: the Password created in Step 1.
- Server address: the API server address.
- Click Save.
After a few minutes, refresh the Security Devices page and you see your device status reporting as Healthy, or if there is an issue, you see details of what the issue may be.
To check if alerts are coming through, navigate to Alerts on the console page. Click the icon in the upper right to switch to grid view, then check the list for device alerts.